roadkids

Journal and photos of our travels in the West.

Sunday, October 15, 2006


Oct. 15 Nancy:
Photos aren't cooperating, but I'll try again.
Humboldt County, land of immense Redwoods, ferns, and fog. Actually the first two days were sunny and warm which almost never happens here. Then the normal drizzle and gray set in. I have a huge love for this area because this is where I came when I left home, and it's beautiful still. Arian was born here in a trailer -- call me trailer trash if you so desire. At the time it was a nice new trailer on a pretty little lot in the country and I loved it, baked bread, sewed baby clothes and took walks through the Redwoods. We drove by and the current residents don't quite have a pride of ownership - it's scary! We got out of there quick before we'd get shot or bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home