roadkids

Journal and photos of our travels in the West.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006



Grand Teton Nat. Park

We have celebrated our 10th night out by spending it in a motel in Jackson. Pretty exciting to re-do my pink toenails and shave my legs so voraciously I may have removed skin. I love the natural side of things, but an occasional abuse of electricity and hot water is a joy as well. Jack just stepped out of the shower and announced he may take another one right now.

Jackson is a hub as always, and with good reason; what a setting. The air is so fresh and clean, the petunias are jubilant in all the retailers' hanging gardens, and the cash registers are working hard. People love the western theme; the antler sculptures for instance, in the picture. This other pic is of the Tetons after a rainstorm. I wish I could blog you all the smell of the wet sage and the sound of the buffalo errmphing to each other with theose mountains behind them. Buffalo everywhere here. They seem so wise (but are they really very dumb?) They are completely at home here, wandering the roads and the sage flats ... the babies of course are super fun to watch frolic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home