roadkids

Journal and photos of our travels in the West.

Friday, August 18, 2006


Tomorrow we head into Canada. Away from cell phone service. Don’t know about Internet. Tonight we are camped by a river in far northern Montana. Nancy is glorying in the abundance of water, by washing the truck. “Guess what I’m thinking as I wash,” she says. “ I don’t know,” I reply. “Maybe thinking of when you bathed Arian as a baby?”
“No,” she says. “OK, Maybe thinking of bathing me when I’m old?” I try again. “No, silly. I’m thinking of washing my horse here by the river.”

Lordy, I love this woman. There is no one else on earth with whom I could possibly do a trip like this.

OOOH, I just found a little more of that sauerkraut. I’m warming it over the fire with lots of cayenne. Hutterite kim chee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home