roadkids

Journal and photos of our travels in the West.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

We drove into the city last evening to meet our kids for dinner.



Walking along the Embarcadero, I hear a familiar sound, and grab Nancy's hand to head towards a small park. There we find a group of people, all very happy, feeding a flock of the feral parrots that live in the city, especially around Telegraph Hill. One of the guys hands me pieces of apple and some seed so that I can feed the parrots. Several of them soon land on my hand, shoulder, head. they are bright green, with scarlet markings on their heads.

One of the older birds lands on me. His red feathers have darkened a bit, and there are tinges of white around his crown. I notice that he has a band on his leg. A regular tells me that he is one of the originals. and that he doesn't land on just anyone. I think of it as one OG giving props to another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home